Thursday, September 8, 2011

"The Last Dragon" star Leo O'Brien Shot 3 Times


Leo O'Brien the actor who played the little brother of Bruce LeRoy in the cult classic 'The Last Dragon' was hospitalized after being shot 3 times in Harlem by a friend. The shooting took place over a chair:

"The shooting happened on Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd. and W. 127th St. Police arrested Travis Breckenridge, 50, and charged him with attempted murder and gun possession.

A police source said the two men were arguing about a chair. Breckenridge was in the chair and got up, then O'Brien sat down. The accused gunman wanted the chair back, but was already out of patience.

"It's about f------ time," he said to O'Brien, according to the police source. "Then he pulls out a gun and shoots him."

O'Brien felt a stinging sensation in his abdomen and asked his pal: "You got a BB gun?"

"The second bullet hit me in the stomach," he said. "I knew then it was a real gun....The third bullet hit me in the arm.

"He didn't say anything to me. He started crying and ran away. He was my homeboy. Did we have a problem before he shot me? No. I don't know why he shot me. He was scared. Maybe he thought I would hurt him?"


As bizarre as this story is, it's errily similar to one with a less fortunate ending where a man killed his friend over a home.

Read more about Leo's situation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment