Tuesday, September 25, 2012

UPDATE: Nakmeezy & Lyte Burly Give NY Kung Fu Fighters A Reality Check

The initial posting of the Nakmeezy & Lyte Burly Give NY Kung Fu Fighters A Reality Check blog entry rubbed some folks the wrong way. I was contacted by a few of Novell G. Bell's students who told me my facts weren't in order in regards to the statement I made about his students losing. The statement they're refering to is "If what Lyte Burly is doing is fake, why are his students winning in competitions, and if what Bell is doing is correct then why are his students losing?"

I can definitely see how that statement can be misconstrued to be a misrepresentation of his students as a whole. For the sake of clarification I'll address the comments I made. The comments were actually referring to only the ones who competed in MUSU based off of a video I was sent that was made by Bell entitled, 'BT 411 Develop the spirit and learn how to control yourself' where Novell tells his teacher Sifu Rudy Curry Jr., "...I know I'm a good coach and these motherf*ckers just keep embarassing me man! I'm like [what] the f*ck, I train 'em, I do my best -- my all -- and these cats just don't...when they get out there they just don't you... know, they just don't come through...."

In the same video Bell goes on to describe his old squad who in his words "terrorized motherf*ckers" in martial arts competitions. About his current squad he said in the video, "...not now, if I come in there with this posse, they probably say oh they compet[ing] ya'll competing...they probably have a big smile on they face right now....."

Bell contacted me and let me know that he indeed made said video where he was letting off some steam, but that he did have students who did win MUSU whether the most recent MUSU or past events.
I wrote "...even Novell proposed the question to his own teacher asking him why are his students continuously losing? He knows he's a good coach so what's the problem?" The error is in my paraphrasing of the video, he doesn't say they're continuously losing, a thousand pardons and thanks for the feedback. 

2nd Update - Sept 25, 2012:
Novell G. Bell provided some stats on his students wins in the MUSU competition:
Yahuda Carter won versus Yigit Dogan
Steve Marshall won versus Kelly Johnson
Owen Thomas won versus Wendell Smith
Marc Mastraandrea won versus Renzon Rivers

18 Chambers

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter where anyone comes from. Everyone in their early years will take losses from time to time. To Stay in the game and be a winner someday is where it's at.
    In the ring or the street make no difference.
    Do your best and one day you'll be better.
    Less talk more meetings. LOL
    If it were up to me there would be no equipment and rules wouldn't be needed. Sure you'll run into folks who have no control and are malicious. Those are the ones you beat down as a lesson for yourself or get whupped.
    Fighters should develope respect and be able to be friends afterwards ohterwise they might as well cripple, maim and kill one another. One thing everyone should get comfortable with is that "Shit talking is part of the game and always will be". If you sell woof tickets you gotta take your lumps. It doesn't matter what you study or who you study with.
    If a person can't control their emotions outside the ring they won't do good inside or outside the ring.
    How does one develope heart and a fighters spirit and maintain humility?

    Sifu Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Sifu Rudy.

    ReplyDelete